Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Strut your Cuts week 3

Hi, this was the project I entered for Week 3 of the Scrappy-Go-Lucky Strut your Cuts Cricut challenge. The purpose of the challenge is to get us Cricut fans (fanatics) using all of our cartridges. Five different carts are listed each week on the scrappy-go-lucky blog, and the Circuting in Oz facebook page. Using one or all of the listed carts you can make a project of your choice. For more info read the details here.

My project was a little gift box. I made three out of one 12 x 12 sheet of double sided paper. This is not my idea, a crafty and very clever friend gave me one of these at Christmas, thanks Robyn (Check out her blog here.) I cut the flower using my George cartridge, as this was the only one I had, and just layered and inked it a bit. The stem is the letter J and the leaves are little obelisks.

The challenge closes on Sundays at 12.00 midnight WA time. I didn't start preparing until 10.00pm Sunday, had it finished and uploaded to the Facebook page by 11.00pm, so it is really quick and easy.

The make one of the boxes cut a piece of double sided paper 8" x 4". Score are 4" on the long side, then mark the centre of the short side. Score from this mark to the outside edge of the centre score line. Fold on all score lines, you should see it taking shape. You will need to punch a hole on each side at the top to thread a ribbon.

If you have any problems understanding my directions, just contact me and I will email a template.

As you can probably tell, this is my very first post, so if you find any issues with the site, please send me an email or leave a comment to let me know.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers

2 comments :

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Cheers :)